20110904

For the confusion of this world


The universe isn't a part of anything bigger. Dwelling on that thought makes my heart completely empty and completely full at the same time. Is there any bigger tragedy in humans' lives than being able to understand the insignificance of everything? How utterly beautiful and brutal.

I walked through the pitch dark forest to the rocks and laid down on my back. Every time I'm facing the night sky like that, three hundred and sixty degrees, I think about the same things. I wish I could capture the moment when you can feel the vast emptiness around you and the fact that we can't see behind the universe. And give that thought to somebody. And get the same feeling from them. This is all you've got. You'll never know what it's about, but you can feel it, witness everything. I feel lucky to be able to see it even for a second. Don't live like it's the last day of your life, live like it's the first one. Seize everything. Breathe every moment like you've never breathed before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment